The PEARL, combined with JAWS 2018, Fusion 2018, or OpenBook scanning and reading software, brings blind and low vision users instant portable access to printed material with an array of human-sounding voices. The folding camera deploys in seconds to connect to your PC and snap a picture of your reading material and begins reading it aloud instantly.
In automatic mode, the PEARL senses motion, so it knows to snap an image and begin reading again whenever you turn a page. The PEARL sets up in seconds and folds into a compact 14”x 3”x 2 1/8” package, and zips into its protective neoprene case for maximum portability.
- Plug and Play USB with JAWS2018, Fusion 2018, and OpenBook 9
- Motion Sensor to detect new pages for Multi-Page scanning
- Built-in LED lighting for dim settings
- Scan 20 pages per minute while reading
Additional OpenBook features
- Add comments and highlighting to scanned text
- OpenBook scanning identifies columns and places them in logical reading order
- Saves in many formats including BRL or even Audio
- Export to other applications like Microsoft® Word or Notepad