The newly improved Focus® 40 Blue, the most RUGGED portable Braille Display available, has been tested to rigorous standards.
This fifth generation of the Focus Braille Display line incorporates our vast knowledge base from manufacturing and servicing displays in the previous designs. The new housing is an aluminum extrusion on a steel base. Each Braille cell is physically isolated from its neighbors. The housing incorporates bumpers that absorb shock when the unit is dropped or knocked against a wall or door. The durable unit has been drop-tested to US Military Standard MIL-STD-810G.
A single smooth cell cap covers the Braille, so you feel only the Braille pins, no seams. Special attention has been paid to the dot keys and spacebar to ensure smooth positive feedback and quiet operation. The Braille pins have been retooled to provide a crisper, more uniform feel that you’ll notice with your first reading.
- 40 Braille cells
- 8-dot Braille keyboard
- Smooth, paper-like feel
- Convenient thumb key and panning buttons
- Our exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, paragraph, or pan through a document
- Menu button for quick access to settings
- Adjustable key repeat for rapid scrolling and panning
- Select your personal Braille firmness with VariBraille
- Time and date display
Compatibility and Connectivity
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity – switch between five Bluetooth devices and one USB connection
- Out-of-the box compatibility with Apple® iOS* and Android devices
- Use with JAWS for combined speech and Braille access
- Use with JAWS for Braille Study Mode to learn and teach Braille
- Works with JAWS BrailleIn™ for contracted Braille input in Windows®
*Requires iOS 11. Beta users of iOS 11 already enjoy connectivity